Order Stages of Cognitive Development
Order Stages of Cognitive Development
1. Piaget asserted that people form _________________ of the world and
how it works, based on their experiences in it.
2. Adapting current intellect by making sense of new information based on
existing knowledge is
3. Constructing new mental representations from existing ones to include
new experiences is
4. Piaget believed the infant’s participation, emotional expression, and
focused attention in peek-a-boo games are indicative of early signs of
_______________ in which the infant actively tries to make events last.
(B) purposeful intention
5. Piaget thought children learned like ______________________, engaging
in trial-and-error experimentation, using mental representations to predict
outcomes and build a framework for navigating the physical and social
(A) little scientists
(B) apprentices in learning
(C) little adults
6. What is the period of cognitive development in which Piaget noted that
children’s illogical reasoning is centered on observable characteristics such
as appearance, function, and previous experiences?
(A) Little scientists
(B) Apprentices in learning
(C) Little adults
348. A hallmark of adolescent cognitive development is the ability to reason
based on propositions and possibilities rather than concrete facts, known as
(A) inductive reasoning
(B) deductive reasoning
(C) hypothetical reasoning
(D) preoperational reasoning
349. The four periods of cognitive development according to Piaget are
____________, ____________, ____________, and ____________.
350. In the first two stages of _________________, the infant acquires first
experiences and gains understanding of initially reflexive behaviors to create and strengthen sensory and motor neural communication pathways.
351. The idea that other people might think about the same things differently is
352. Errors in logical reasoning are primarily due to ___________________,
or the preoperational child’s focus on a single characteristic.
Cognitive Theories and Perspectives ‹ 87
353. ________________ uses implied inferences and conclusions based on
relationships known about other facts, even though all the details are not
354. Piaget believed children are capable of hypothetical thought in the
________________ period of cognitive development.
355. Adolescents are capable of using ________________ and
________________ thinking strategies when making decisions.
356. Describe the relationship between oral stimulation (sucking, biting, tasting) and infant cognition.
357. Explain the changes in infant intelligence during the sensorimotor period
according to Piaget.
358. Describe the factors that influence how soon a child acquires theory of
359. Before age six, most children will fail at reversibility and conservation tasks.
360. Between ages 7 and 12, children gain and improve in metacognition and
metamemory skills. These children are in Piaget’s concrete operational
period of intellectual development in which children are capable of logical
reasoning on observable facts (not hypothetical). Explain how the principles of the information processing theory complement cognitive advancements that occur during this period.
361. Describe the differences between analytic thinking and intuitive thinking,
and explain why adolescents tend to use intuitive thinking to a greater
extent than analytic thinking.
362. Describe the influence of egocentrism on reasoning during adolescence.
Having hard time figuring how to do your assignment?
Ask our experts for help and get it done in no time
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more