Posted: January 20th, 2023
1. Search the internet and learn about the cases of nurses Julie Thao and Kimberly Hiatt.
2. List and discuss lessons that you and all healthcare professionals can learn from these two cases.
3. Describe how the principle of beneficence and the virtue of benevolence could be applied to these cases. Do you think the hospital adminstrators handled the situations legally and ethically?
4. In addition to benevolence, which other virtues exhibited by their colleagues might have helped Thao and Hiatt?
5. Discuss personal virtues that might be helpful to second victims themselves to navigate the grieving process.
Scholarly article, APA format, and no grammar error
Rubric for Research Paper
Outstanding – 20pts
Good – 15pts
Fair – 10pts
Unacceptable – 5pts
Excellent section headings, indicative of a steady “flow” to the overall paper. Topics and subtopics clearly indicated.
Good section headings, indicative to a steady “flow” to the overall paper. Topics clearly indicated, could use more subtopics.
Fair section headings, indicative that the paper has “flow”. Topics and subtopics not clearly indicated. Unclear organization of thoughts.
Relevant topics missing or incorrect, paper has no indicative “flow”.
Highly informative, complete and easy to understand. Appropriate vocabulary is used.
Abstract makes you want to read the paper.
Informative, complete and understandable. Appropriate vocabulary is used.
Somewhat informative and understandable.
Not very informative or understandable.
Thesis is clear, easy to find, and appropriate to the assignment.
Thesis is supported by the rest of the paper.
Paper contains a “roadmap” for the reader.
There is a logical “flow” to the topics/arguments. Conclusion follows clearly from the arguments presented.
Thesis is clear and appropriate. Thesis fairly well supported.
Paper is fairly well organized.
Conclusion follows from the rest of the paper.
Thesis is fairly clear.
Inconsistent support for thesis. Paper weakly organized. Conclusion is acceptable.
Thesis unclear and/or inappropriate.
Thesis not supported.
Paper is not organized. Conclusion doesn’t follow from the rest of the paper.
The evidence comes from a wide variety of valid sources. The bibliography is complete and reflects appropriate sources.
The evidence comes from the minimum valid sources. The bibliography is complete.
Valid sources are inconsistently used. The bibliography contains minor formatting errors.
Multiple sources cited incorrectly.
Arguments are pertinent to the topic.
Arguments are logical, supported with evidence. The key arguments have been made – no major points have been left out.
pertinent to the topic. Arguments are fairly logical and reasonably supported.
Most key arguments have been made.
Arguments are not consistently pertinent, logical, or supported. Few key arguments have been made.
Arguments not pertinent. Arguments rarely, if at
all, logical and supported.
Almost no key arguments have been made.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.