Buy Stages of Psychosocial Development
Buy Stages of Psychosocial Development
1. Sucking, crying, and cooing are examples of behaviors associated with
(A) anal stage
(B) phallic stage
(C) oral stage
(D) genital stage
177. According to psychoanalytical theory, when the mother’s response to her
child is inconsistent, the child can develop a _____________ surrounding
the needs of the associated stage.
46 › MHE 500 MCAT: Behavioral Sciences
178. Taking turns playing with a new toy is an example of how the
___________ works to satisfy the wants of the _________ and
(A) ego, id, superego
(B) id, ego, superego
(C) superego, id, ego
(D) id, superego, ego
179. The primary crisis of the _________ stage is for the child to gain control
while conforming to the expectations of the parent in the process.
180. What is the stage when children may experience jealousy toward the samesex parent over relationships with the opposite-sex parent, and may have
thoughts about replacing the same-sex parent?
181. Psychoanalytical theory considers acting on sexual impulses and promiscuous sexual behaviors as being fixated at the __________________ stage.
182. Which is not a noted limitation of the psychosexual theory?
(A) It places too much emphasis on the parent-child relationship.
(B) It focuses too much on unconscious drives.
(C) It prompted the idea that early childhood experiences have lasting
(D) It minimized the role of the individual’s conscious control over
Stages of Psychosocial Development ‹ 47
183. Sigmund Freud originated the ______________________, which provides a framework for development of self and personality.
184. Psychoanalytical theory holds that behaviors are___________________
driven and are not the results of rational choices.
185. Freud identified five sensitive periods of development during childhood
known as ________________________.
186. Freud described personality as consisting of three aspects of the self: _____,
____________, and _______________.
187. Freud suggested that within each stage the child faces a potential
_______________, which largely determines personality patterns
188. In Freud’s theory, children have a/an ___________________ when they
experience jealousy toward the same-sex parent and may have thoughts
about replacing the parent’s role with the opposite-sex parent.
189. According to Freud, how children resolve the difficult emotional turmoil
of the ___________________ stage, and the way parents respond to the
child, establishes how he or she will cope with postpubertal sexual needs.
190. Describe the five stages of development in Freud’s psychosexual theory.
191. Explain the parent-child crisis and potential personality traits associated
with each of the psychosexual stages.
192. Explain Freud’s psychoanalytic theory of personality development over the
first five years.
193. What are some of the limitations of Freud’s psychoanalytical theory?
194. Explain why Freud believed that latency prepared the adolescent for transitioning into adult roles.
48 › MHE 500 MCAT: Behavioral Sciences
195. Why did Freud consider the toilet training years to be a time for heightened parent-child conflict?
196. What reasoning did Freud have for believing a fixated personality can be
linked to parenting in childhood?
Having hard time figuring how to do your assignment?
Ask our experts for help and get it done in no time
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more