BUSN 311 System Business Enviroment Paper
PREPARE A PPT PRESENTATION: USE YOUR PREPARATION FROM ASSIGNMENT 5.
Reflecting on the concepts in the course, select and research one (1) of the company situations listed below and prepare a PowerPoint presentation of the legal and ethical issues contained in the case study. A reference citation for each company is provided to introduce the case study. You may use this citation in your project. It is expected you will use the course Lessons and eReserve required readings plus your own independent research of credible sources in support of this presentation. Your research must include peer-reviewed and scholarly sources. You may use internet sources for factual information about your company, but these should be the minority of of your research.
Your presentation should include the following, organized in well-designed slides with accompanying Speaker’s Notes or Audio and/or video narrative. Further instructions for required content are also below:
CONTENT FOR YOUR PPT ASSIGNMENT (UTILIZE YOUR WEEK 5 OUTLINE):
BUSN 311 System Business Enviroment Paper
1. Introduce the company (e.g. name, type of business, its corporate structure);
2. Define and explain the core ethical dilemma confronting the company, with pertinent facts;
*this includes why it is an ethical issue;
*clearly define the dilemma; be clear as to the company’s situation and its ethical choices – the action the company chose to do and at least one other, different, choice it could have elected instead;
3. Identify, define and explain an ethical framework that supports, or is illustrated by, the choice/action the company made. In explaining the framework, include an example of how it works in making a decision.
4. Identify, define and explain a different ethical framework that the company leadership could have utilized in the situation to lead to a different result for the company. Explain specifically how the company effectively could have employed this framework. Also, in explaining the framework include an example of how it works in making a decision.
5. Include in your presentation a discussion of at least one legal issue the company faced or could have faced as a result of its decision. Examples from your studies in the course are: contract disputes; tort claim – wrongful death; tort claim – product liability; violation of a civil or criminal statute or regulation (which you must identify specifically); civil rights; employment issue.
6. Recommend: Lessons learned. What is a take-away from this case study for management of business operations? Recommend and explain at least one business practice for any business. In determining your recommendation consider the concepts we have studied this term. A good business practice recommendation can relate to any one or combination of these elements of the legal business environment. The company you have studied for this Assignment engaged in practices on an ethical basis that ultimately touched or affected all aspects of its management. Your recommendation must be a specific practice for any business to apply. It is not sufficient to just say something like “do it differently,” or “be ethical.”
7. References: Your references must be cited fully in APA7 format, except on your PPT slide it is not necessary to use a hanging indent or double space the list. As shown on the Grading Rubric Exemplary Level, more than 7 sources are necessary. At least 7 sources are required for the Accomplished level of the rubric. Please see the rubric’s requirement for including scholarly and peer-reviewed sources.
8. Review the Grading Rubric for an understanding of how your work will be evaluated.
COMPANIES – SELECT ONE (1) OF THESE CASE STUDIES FOR YOUR PROJECT
Ford Motor Company
The Pinto memo: “It’s cheaper to let them burn!” (2008, October 17). The Spokesman-Review. Retrieved from http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/autos/2008/oct/17/pinto-memo-its-cheaper-let-them-burn/
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more